Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ask and it shall be given

The other day some kids came by fundraising to go to the History Day Nationals in Washington, D. C. After they left I got thinking about all the projects that our kids did over the years. I remembered the late nights, working with them, cheering them on, being proud of them, being disappointed with them. That's what being a parent is all about--wanting your children to do well and doing all you can to help them.

I thought about Heavenly Father and realized that he feels that way about us. He wants us to succeed and wants to give us everything we need and do everything he can to make sure that we do. I knew this to be true but wondered where to find it in the scriptures. Then, when reading the Book of Mormon, I found my answer.

Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

3 Nephi 14:9-11, Matthew 7:9-11

No comments: