Sunday, January 3, 2010

And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the apostles and prophets have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen. Ether 12:41

Recently I gave a talk in church. The topic that I was assigned was Coming to Know the Savior. One of the things that I wanted to convey in my talk was that if we want to know the Savior, we have to actively seek him. The Savior has said, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Doctrine and Covenants 88:63

The fact of the matter is that we know the Savior. We lived with him before coming to this earth. He wants us to remember him and come unto to him. He has said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

How tenderly the Savior calls us and urges us to come unto him!

No comments: