Saturday, October 4, 2008

This do in remembrance of me

On a recent Sunday I learned how softly the spirit speaks. It was during the sacrament. As I lifted the sacrament cup to my lips and swallowed that tiny sip of water, a feeling of sacredness settled on my heart. I sensed in a way that I never have before how profound this simple act of remembering the Savior and his suffering is. I often feel the promptings of the spirit as I contemplate during the sacrament. I learn what I need to do in the coming week to improve and grow. This time it was more subtle, barely an impression, an invitation to ponder and seek more meaning in an act that I've repeated nearly every week of my life, a call to remember him.


And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 1 Corinthians 11:24-15

No comments: