Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Scatter Sunshine

In a world where sorrow
Ever will be known,
Where are found the needy
And the sad and lone,
How much joy and comfort
You can all bestow,
If you scatter sunshine
Everywhere you go.

Hymn text by Lanta Wilson Smith

My father passed away on August 4th, and I am sad. This morning this hymn came to my mind, and as I pondered its message, I heard a little voice say, "Hi!" I turned to see who had spoken and found that it was a toddler being pushed in a stroller by his mother. I said, "Hi," smiling, and he said some more toddler words to me. I then had a very pleasant conversation with his mom about how cute he was and how much he sounded like my grandson, and we both left smiling. Scattering sunshine can't help but make the sun shine on you!


Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:27

No comments: